Comunidad Opeth Argentina
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson)

+12
Nacho
Etlainen
patopeth
Andrew
MaxPayne2
Nicooo
Lifer
Vincent
Manu
mauu
teoballesi
BWpark
16 participantes

Página 3 de 8. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Siguiente

Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) - Página 3 Empty Re: Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson)

Mensaje por teoballesi Vie Dic 16, 2011 12:36 am

MaxPayne2 escribió:Nadie dijo que hayas dicho que no te gusta . Nomas que no entendés nada .

"Puede ser que esos temas sean mas complejos o lo que sea, o que no te guste. Pero el laburo en bata es zarpado!"

vos no lees

para mi no hay comparacion entre ese tema y los demas qe nombre punto

portnoy antes pense que podia ir con estos dos, pero no, realmente no es un batero versatil como para entrar en esta onda, es mas metal progresivo y nada mas
harrison es una excelente eleccion
teoballesi
teoballesi
Demon of the Fall

Miembro desde : 02/07/2009

Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) - Página 3 Empty Re: Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson)

Mensaje por MaxPayne2 Vie Dic 16, 2011 4:07 am

Con "nadie" me refería a mi unicamente , por que me quoteaste a mi . El resto es basura .
Arrow

MaxPayne2
Kal-El

Miembro desde : 19/11/2008

Mensaje por BWpark Vie Dic 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Y se termina esta discusión acá, por favor.
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Miembro desde : 29/01/2009

Mensaje por teoballesi Vie Dic 16, 2011 1:21 pm

okas señor me las se todas

terminado

quiero algo nuevo de porcupine se re qedaron despues de the incident
y aparte bno hicieron dvd de la gira nada, un bajon
teoballesi
teoballesi
Demon of the Fall

Miembro desde : 02/07/2009

Mensaje por mauu Sáb Ene 14, 2012 9:45 am

Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) - Página 3 380780_3093000651106_1446733881_5274968_293402726_n

QUE SALGA YA! me canse de esperar :(
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Miembro desde : 02/09/2011

Mensaje por BWpark Mar Feb 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Del facebook:

Here is the official press release for Storm Corrosion:

ROADRUNNER RECORDS are delighted to announce the signing of STORM CORROSION.

STORM CORROSION is the long-discussed and highly anticipated collaboration between two of the current music scene’s most innovative and multi-talented artists; Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. The pair have been friends since the late ‘90s, when Wilson co-produced Opeth’s revered ‘Blackwater Park’ album. Over the years, they’d often spoken of working on a project together, but it wasn’t until recently that they managed to make something happen, when Mikael flew over to visit Steve in the UK and they ended up in Wilson’s home studio throwing ideas around. That visit was the nascence of a whole self-titled album, written and produced by the pair and mixed by Wilson.

The sound of STORM CORROSION can best be described as enchanting, orchestral, ambient, epic (half the album’s tracks clock in around the 10 minute mark) and nothing short of surprising to the new ear. However, the musicians’ respective fanbases will be primed to appreciate the new output, with Wilson’s recent solo album, ‘Grace For Drowning’ and Opeth’s ‘Heritage’ having brought them to a logical place to understand STORM CORROSION. This eponymous collection is almost viewed as one side of a musical triangle.

Says Wilson; “If you'd asked me three months ago about the music, I would have said, 'Expect the last thing you would expect.' But actually, now that 'Heritage' and 'Grace Of Drowning' have come out, I don't think it's going to be that much of a shock to people, because it's almost like a third part of the trilogy, in a way. If anything, it's even more orchestral, even more stripped down, even more dark, twisted and melancholic… but it certainly feels like it comes from the same place as 'Heritage' and 'Grace For Drowning', which indeed it does because it was written during the same period.”

“Some of the music on this record I think is the most beautiful music I have participated on ever,” adds Åkerfeldt. “There's some magical sections on there. Musically I think we've created something earthy, a bit frightening, exhausting, profound and rather intense. All at the same time. I can safely say I don't know any other band or artist that sounds anything like STORM CORROSION. I guess that was also one of our goals, so to speak.”

Roadrunner’s Snr VP of A&R, Monte Conner welcomes STORM CORROSION to the Roadrunner family, commenting: “I am honoured to have the Roadrunner logo on the STORM CORROSION album. Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt have demonstrated time and time again that they are two of the truest and most important artists working today, and it is not often that I get to work with musicians of this calibre. This album is a beautiful piece of work that will appeal to fans of Steven and Mikael’s past records, while at the same time exploring new avenues for both artists.

‘STORM CORROSION’ will hit record stores on 23rd April. Full release and format details will follow.

Que saquen preview ya
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Mensaje por mauu Mar Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

“Some of the music on this record I think is the most beautiful music I have participated on ever” - Akerfeldt

no se si sera puro humo o que (todos dicen lo mismo cuando sale un disco nuevo xD), pero pinta para discazo del año, seguramente sea como Hosianna Mantra de Popol Vuh, asi bien etereo, oscuro y orquestal, esperemos por la preview
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por Vincent Mar Feb 07, 2012 2:22 pm

El primer disco Etereo y orquestal que banca Roadrunner?
Vincent
Vincent
The Drapery Falls

Miembro desde : 24/11/2011

Mensaje por BWpark Mar Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Vincent Culibert escribió:El primer disco Etereo y orquestal que banca Roadrunner?

Jaja yo pensaba lo mismo.

Bancaban a SOPA los muy guachos
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Mensaje por mauu Lun Feb 13, 2012 1:04 pm

“We never discussed what we were going to do,” recalls Åkerfeldt. “I went down to hang out at Steven’s house and we drank wine and talked about music, but neither of us had anything prepared. We wrote the song ‘Drag Ropes’ [Storm Corrosion’s opening track] that first night, and we both thought it was pretty cool. We’d never heard anything like it and it doesn’t really sound like our bands. We found our own niche, right then and there.”

“It was special, different and intriguing,” agrees Wilson. “We ran in the opposite direction of the idea of a prog metal supergroup that people had been talking about and expecting from us. It was a chance to delve into more experimental ideas. We were being wilfully self-indulgent in the best possible way, making music to please ourselves. There’s something wonderfully pure and liberating about that you can hear that in these songs.”

Wilson has mixed and contributed to several Opeth albums over the years, of course, but this is the first time that he and Åkerfeldt have written music together. Recorded at Wilson’s No Man’s Land studio in leafy Hertfordshire, England, Storm Corrosion is a six-song exploration of the outer limits of these two artists’ febrile creativity. As with their individual recent works – Wilson’s ‘Grace For Drowning’ and Opeth’s ‘Heritage’ in particular – which have challenged their respective fan bases and added new, vibrant colours to once familiar aural palates, this album is an exercise in total musical freedom, wherein anything is possible and ideas are snatched from the ether and moulded into something utterly new, beguiling, disturbing, and otherworldly. From the sprawling, multi-faceted dynamic splurge of ‘Drag Ropes’ and the unsettling sweep of title track through to the fragile menace of the closing ‘Ljudet Innan’ (which means “ancient music” in Swedish), Storm Corrosion is an epic, disorientating trip.

“You can hear it in Opeth and in my music, the idea of taking something beautiful and destroying it,” explains Wilson. “We have both always loved the idea of discord, of beauty, and ugliness side by side. Without being too pretentious, that’s what life is like, so you hear a lot more of that coming out in Storm Corrosion. It’s heavy, but without the use of the metal vocabulary. You can hear that on ‘Grace For Drowning’ and on ‘Heritage’ too. So I think, in many ways, this is the completion of a trilogy.”

Although manifestly conceived in the grand, esoteric tradition of records like Talk Talk’s ‘Spirit Of Eden’ and Scott Walker’s ‘The Drift’, Storm Corrosion is unmistakably a work of intense originality and one that has grown organically from a process that has plainly thrilled its creators.

“It was very much a 50/50 effort and very easily achieved,” states Åkerfeldt. “We just sat down, started from scratch and created it all from nothing. There’s some beautiful music on there but it’s a demanding record. If you’re doing other shit as you listen to it, it’s going to pass by like elevator muzak. You really have to sit down and pay attention! If you allow it to sink in, it could be a life companion…”

Anyone who has followed the careers of Wilson and Åkerfeldt should already be prepared to embrace the unexpected as their artistic sensibilities fully collide for the first time, but both men are resigned to the fact that Storm Corrosion is a deep and daring piece of work that will simply not strike a chord with every Opeth or Porcupine Tree fan. This is something else, something other...and it’s truly extraordinary.

“For me, self-indulgence is one of the fundamental things about being an artist,” Wilson concludes. “Do not make music or art to please other people. If you do, you’ve stopped being an artist and you’ve become an entertainer. This is a very cinematic, impressionistic and immersive record. We just got together and it poured out of us. With this record you’re entering into a very unusual and unfamiliar sonic universe and that’s a very exciting thing to be part of.”

sera tan asi como The Drift? jajajajaj espero que no xD seria una pesadilla
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por Vincent Lun Feb 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Nadie va a poder hacer un tortuoso disco como the drift nunca.. según dice Wilson solo se le parecerá en el concepto.
Necesito que salga este disco, va a estar muy bueno.
Vincent
Vincent
The Drapery Falls

Mensaje por mauu Lun Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm

capo fede tirando la posta jajaja el otro dia me baje scott 4 y es re copado, groso Scott!
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por Vincent Lun Feb 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Un demente ese tipo.. otro nivel.

Tenés que ver ese documental que tengo Mau.., tengo una copia,no se de donde me lo consiguieron, pero voy a tratar de buscar un link.. Está muy bueno, lleno de informacion unica ; Al principio, el chabón entra de gorra, con la viscera tapandole los ojos y el entrevistador luego cuenta que solo a medida que iba entrando en confianza, Walker se iba levantando de a poco la viscera, solo despues de un rato le mostró la cara. Cuando lo ves entrar con la gorra asi, decís, que onda este tipo? supuestamente fue una estrella de rock? es una estrella de otra cosa.
Vincent
Vincent
The Drapery Falls

Mensaje por mauu Lun Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm

cual es? el Scott Walker: 30 Century Man? lo enganche el otro dia en la tele jajajajaja todo el orto tengo yo, en Universal lo pasaron; si es ese, es una genialidad, el tipo es uno de esos chabones ermitaños que hacen lo que quieren, como quieren y cuando quieren... un genio de la vida
me kbio la parte donde dice que desde que saco Tilt, nunca mas lo escucho, porque es una pesadilla jajajajajaja, un capo

igual sin desviarnos del post, sigo opinando que va a ser como Hosianna Mantra de Popol Vuh! jajaja
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por mauu Lun Feb 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Ya queda menos para otro de los proyectos ilusionantes de este 2012: Storm Corrosion, el proyecto protagonizado por la estelar pareja de Mikael Åkerfeldt y Steven Wilson, (bardiaron aca Razz) con el batería Gavin Harrison como invitado de lujo, lanzará su debut con RoadRunnner Records el 23 de abril.

Algunos datos más sobre el álbum que han trascendido son que habrá varias versiones: CD tradicional, edición de lujo limitada, doble vinilo y en formato blu-ray. Éste último se basa en sonido 5.1 y alta resolución de sonido.

(perdon el doble post, pero no tenia nada que ver el otro comentario con este)
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por Manu Lun Feb 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Quiero escuchar algo. O ver algo, la tapa, cualquier cosa.
Manu
Manu
The Moor - Admin

Miembro desde : 19/11/2008

Mensaje por mauu Sáb Mar 03, 2012 3:19 pm

http://www.innerviews.org/inner/wilson.html

lean esta entrevista de Wilson, tira mucha data de lo que va a ser
ademas habla de cosas copadas como la religion y el ateismo y blablabla, leanlo
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por Vincent Lun Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

mauu escribió:http://www.innerviews.org/inner/wilson.html

lean esta entrevista de Wilson, tira mucha data de lo que va a ser
ademas habla de cosas copadas como la religion y el ateismo y blablabla, leanlo

Está buena !
Vincent
Vincent
The Drapery Falls

Mensaje por BWpark Lun Mar 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Que tipo capo, por favor.

Leí la mitad, completísima entrevista. Después leo el resto.
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Mensaje por mauu Lun Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm

me re kbio la parte del ateismo, como desarrolla las ideas, capo de verdad (aunque de muy lejana forma no comparta del todo)
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por mauu Miér Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

che, es obvio que esto es un fake de aca a lujan, pero capaz alguno sabe que mierda es, suena fantastico
esos pincelazos de fondo me encantan che, es una mezcla de blackwater park y first utterance, pasen data si saben algo!

0:50 me suena DEMASIADO a algun tema o algun fraseo, pero no se que eeeeees, escuchen y fijense a ver que onda

sepan que si esto es un demo de verdad (cosa que repito, dudo muchisimo que sea asi porque ademas los temas duran masomenos 10 min por lo que dijeron) estamos en presencia del mejor disco del año peron

EDIT: perdon por el doble post, pero bueno, nadie lo hubiera visto jajaja
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por BWpark Miér Mar 07, 2012 8:40 pm

mauu escribió:che, es obvio que esto es un fake de aca a lujan, pero capaz alguno sabe que mierda es, suena fantastico
esos pincelazos de fondo me encantan che, es una mezcla de blackwater park y first utterance, pasen data si saben algo!

Parece que es un tema del mismo chabón que lo subió, escucha los otros temas del pibe que tienen la misma producción y sonido de viola.
Una lástima, posta que suena muy bien. Si lo hubiese conocido de otra manera seguro le daba bola, pero ahora se va a comer una puteada de mi parte por promocionarse así ¬¬
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Mensaje por mauu Miér Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm

lamentablemente si, justo puse uno de los dos videos de abajo jajaja

igual capo capo el pibe este

EDIT: creo que el tema a que me hace acordar es Soltitude de Candlemass o Falling off the edge of the world de Sabbath, con el aura del morningrise
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por mauu Vie Mar 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Two editions of the Storm Corrosion album are now available to pre-order: a deluxe vinyl double LP, and a bundle which includes the vinyl LP and the album on CD and Blu-Ray (note that there will also be standalone CD and Blu-Ray editions available to order soon). The Blu-Ray contains stereo and 5.1 mixes of the album as well as additional demo and instrumental versions, all at 96K/24bit high resolution. The 2LP version comes in a heavy duty textured gatefold sleeve, with inner bags and a poster, and has been overseen by vinyl specialists ToneFloat.
mauu
mauu
Master's Apprentices

Mensaje por BWpark Sáb Mar 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Tapa del disco y tracklist:

Novedades de Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) - Página 3 Sc_marketingmini

Track Listing
1. Drag Ropes - 9:52
2. Storm Corrosion - 10:12
3. Hag - 6:28
4. Happy - 4:53
5. Lock Howl - 6:09
6. Ljudet Innan - 10:20

Muy buena la tapa.
BWpark
BWpark
Admin Painted Death

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 8. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Siguiente